One-day course designed for healthcare professionals with an interest in managing respiratory emergencies.
At the end of the course participants should be able to understand:
• Current management of common respiratory emergencies
• The use of simple devices for ventilating the lungs
• Techniques for basic airway management
• The use of simple adjuncts to maintain airway patency
• How to identify and treat patients at risk of deterioration using an ABCDE (Airway, Breathing, Circulation, Disability, Exposure) approach