This half-day workshop will provide the theory and practice that underpin the clinical skills of venepuncture and cannulation to ensure best practice and patient safety are maintained.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
• Understand the criteria for vein selection
• Select and prepare the appropriate equipment
• Demonstrate correct site preparation and technique
• Apply principles of asepsis and safety precautions
• Identify potential complications of venepuncture and cannulation
• Describe appropriate actions to prevent or resolve those complications